Location: the wilderness
People: Lehi & Nephi
Important events and details:
- Lehi tells of a vision he has, that in 600 years from the time his family left Jerusalem a Messiah, or Savior of the world would be born. Lehi also tells of how the Messiah would be baptized with water, slain by the Jews, and then rise from the dead and manifest himself unto the Gentiles.
- After Lehi finished telling about his visions Nephi was desirous that he see, hear, and know of these things too.
6 Wherefore, all mankind were in a lost and fallen state, and ever would be save they should rely on this Redeemer.
18 For he is the same yesterday, today, and forever; and the way is prepared for all men form the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him.
19 For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round.
- Christ’s life and the important things He would accomplish while on earth were prophesied before He was even born. This is why the Book of Mormon and the Bible go hand in hand, we see the prophesies or Christ’s life in the Book of Mormon, and then we are able to read of His life and death in the Bible. We then see His resurrection and appearance to the Nephites later in the Book of Mormon. It’s only with both books that we get the full picture of His life and purpose as Savior of the world.
- When prophets and apostles speak (in general conference), or even when the Bishop or people speak and teach (in church on Sundays), do I show a desire to know and have a witness of truth of what they say?
- Am I living my life in a way that the Holy Ghost is my constant companion and is able to confirm the truths of the gospel to me?