Location: the wilderness
Important events & details:
- Nephi continues to see the things his father saw in a vision. The angel tells Nephi about Church of the Lamb of God and the church of the devil, and how the saints all over the world are persecuted by the church of the devil.
- Nephi is also sees the apostle John shall write about the end of the world.
14 …I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb…and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory.
- Chapter 13 and 14 were more difficult for me to read and understand, I think I wasn’t as focused on my reading/studying, but I knew that I didn’t want to miss a day of scripture study so I read it, and got through it, but I didn’t get as much out of it as I could have.
- I do like that the last verse of chapter 14 ends with Nephi saying “the things which I have written are true”, ending with his testimony. For now, even when I have a hard time focusing, or difficulty understanding, his testimony gives me faith and encourages me that the things I am reading are true and important. And that’s enough for me today.
- What can I do differently in my approach to studying and reading the scriptures each day so that I can get more out of them?